Part-Time Marketing & Communications Associate
VLA seeks a Marketing & Communications Associate with a passion for the arts who is inspired by VLA’s mission of legal protection for those without the means to protect themselves. The Marketing & Communications Associate is responsible for VLA’s marketing activities and reports to the Design & Marketing Manager.
- Work with the Design & Marketing Manager on all aspects of marketing, including creation of copy for marketing materials, conducting audience research, sourcing external social media content, and publishing marketing materials to social media and email.
- Create and maintain marketing calendar to timely promote all programs and events.
- Monitor, track, and evaluate marketing to measure and grow engagement on digital platforms over time.
- Work closely with the Executive Director and Director of Legal Services to integrate legal services and education programming with marketing efforts.
- Manage logistics and publishing of VLA education courses.
- Conduct outreach with artists, nonprofits, companies, and law firms to grow client base and partnerships.
- Actively seek out and engage in cross-promotional partnerships and relationship building with other organizations.
- Maintain and organize constant contact database (including researching ways to grow subscriber list).
- Other duties as assigned.
EXPERIENCE AND QUALIFICATIONS:
- Passion for VLA’s mission.
- A minimum of 2 years of marketing experience.
- Bachelor’s Degree.
- Demonstrated knowledge of marketing, social media, the current digital landscape, and best practices.
- Experience using social media business pages (Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn, and Twitter).
- Understanding of marketing analytics and metrics.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate clearly and persuasively.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Suite (Word, PowerPoint and Excel), Zoom, Constant Contact, Hootsuite, and Eventbrite.
- Creative problem solving and critical thinking skills.
- Knowledge of Salesforce, Adobe Illustrator and InDesign.
- Ability to prioritize and ensure accuracy in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment.
On-site in Manhattan, with some opportunities for remote work
VACCINATION AGAINST COVID-19 REQUIRED – NOTE: VLA requires all employees to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 prior to starting work. As noted below, VLA is an equal opportunity employer, and will consider requests for exemption from this policy as a reasonable accommodation where it can do so absent undue hardship, consistent with federal, state, and local law.
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS: VLA offers attractive compensation (the salary range for this part-time position is $40,000 – $45,000, based on experience) and generous benefits including paid vacation, sick leave, health, dental and vision insurance, long-term disability, unlimited monthly metrocards, and ability to participate in 403(b) retirement and flexible spending plans. Information about these benefits will be provided to a successful applicant at the time that employment commences.
CLOSING DATE: Open until filled.
APPLICATION PROCEDURE: All nominations, inquiries, and applications should be sent to Anastasia Kambanis, Design and Marketing Manager, firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include cover letter and resume. Subject line: Marketing & Communications Associate
We regret it will not be possible to communicate with candidates except those who most closely match our requirements.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY: VLA is committed to enhancing our diverse workforce and actively encourages applicants from all cultures, races, educational backgrounds, socio-economic classes, sexual orientations, age, gender, gender identity and physical abilities to apply. We do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, familial status, marital status, caregiver status, or any other category protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. We take pride in our pluralistic community and continue to seek excellence through diversity and inclusion. EO/AA Employer.
Sign up to receive news & events from VLANY!