Since 1969, Volunteer Lawyers for the Arts (VLA) has been the leading provider of low-cost and pro bono legal services to low-income individual artists and nonprofit arts organizations in the New York tristate area. VLA addresses a broad range of needs that low-income artists cannot otherwise afford, including legal counseling, educational programs, advocacy, and alternative dispute resolution. Without our help, some of the most creative and vulnerable members of our society would be left without a means to protect themselves and their creative endeavors.
PART-TIME GRAPHIC DESIGNER
On-site in Manhattan, with some opportunities for remote work
15 – 20 hour/week
VLA seeks a Graphic Designer with a passion for the arts who is inspired by VLA’s mission of legal protection for those without the means to protect themselves. The Graphic Designer will work with the Marketing & Communications Associate to design all digital and print material for the organization.
- Adhering to VLA’s brand guidelines, design and update print and digital marketing collateral, including web, email, and social media graphic assets, as well as one-sheets, postcards, posters, annual reports, and more.
- Work with Marketing and Development to effectively manage the delivery of projects, including prioritization of workflow and project management.
- Ensure all deliverables are on deadline and consistent with brand guidelines.
- Create digital invitations, print journal and signage, stage projection, and all other event material for VLA’s annual gala.
- Work with outside vendors to ensure print, photography, and video projects are delivered effectively.
- Other duties as assigned.
EXPERIENCE AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Passion for VLA’s mission.
- A minimum of 3 years of graphic design experience.
- Bachelor’s Degree.
- Advanced graphic design knowledge (file preparation, layout, and typography).
- Highly proficient in Adobe CC, particularly InDesign, Illustrator, and Photoshop.
- Knowledge of print production and preparing files for hard copy and digital production, including a working knowledge of CMYK and RGB.
- Proficient in video editing and knowledge of After Effects and Premiere Pro. Knowledge of WordPress is a plus.
- Non-Profit design experience is a plus.
- Ability to prioritize and ensure accuracy in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment.
VACCINATION AGAINST COVID-19 REQUIRED – NOTE: VLA requires all employees to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 prior to starting work. As noted below, VLA is an equal opportunity employer, and will consider requests for exemption from this policy as a reasonable accommodation where it can do so absent undue hardship, consistent with federal, state, and local law.
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS: VLA offers attractive compensation and generous benefits including paid vacation, sick leave, health, dental and vision insurance, long-term disability, unlimited monthly metrocards, and ability to participate in 403(b) retirement and flexible spending plans.
CLOSING DATE: Open until filled.
APPLICATION PROCEDURE: All nominations, inquiries, and applications should be sent to Sasha Khalifeh, email@example.com. Please include cover letter and resume. Subject line: Part-Time Graphic Designer.
We regret it will not be possible to communicate with candidates except those who most closely match our requirements.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY: VLA is committed to enhancing our diverse workforce and actively encourages applicants from all cultures, races, educational backgrounds, socio-economic classes, sexual orientations, age, gender, gender identity and physical abilities to apply. We do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, familial status, marital status, caregiver status, or any other category protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. We take pride in our pluralistic community and continue to seek excellence through diversity and inclusion. EO/AA Employer.
Sign up to receive news & events from VLANY!