Legal Services Coordinator
VLA seeks a Legal Services Coordinator with a passion for the arts and public service, and who is excited to hit the ground running and take an active role in VLA’s programming and services. This role is an integral part of a small, collaborative team, working directly with VLA’s Legal Services Director and Staff Attorney. This is a full-time position, based in VLA’s midtown Manhattan office.
- Client Intake
- Manage client correspondence
- Manage the scheduling of client consultations and legal clinics, and communicating with consulting attorneys
- Coordination of consultations and legal clinics at law firms
- Process and track client files following consultation
- On-site Volunteer and Legal Intern Management
- Train and supervise in-house legal interns and volunteers on internal procedures
- Coordinate intern and volunteer schedules
- Pro Bono Coordination
- Serve as point-of-contact for all pro bono inquiries from attorneys, law firm personnel, and clients, and manage placement of clients with volunteer attorneys
- Maintain VLA case website and distribute bulk emails through VLA’s CRM
- Track client matters in VLA’s internal database
- Present orientation trainings to prospective volunteer attorneys
- Administrative Duties
- Assist with the organization of trainings, special events, and outreach activities
- Provide reports and other information requested from operations and development team
- Other tasks, as assigned
EXPERIENCE AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Passion for VLA’s mission to serve the arts community
- Interest in legal issues affecting artists and arts non-profit organizations
- Ability to prioritize and manage a high-volume workload under pressure
- Attention to detail
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, both verbal and in writing
- Creative problem-solver
- Ability to work collaboratively with multiple players and stakeholders
- Strong computer skills
- Law firm or legal services background is beneficial but not required
- Bachelor’s Degree
VACCINATION AGAINST COVID-19 REQUIRED – NOTE: VLA requires all employees to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 prior to starting work. As noted below, VLA is an equal opportunity employer, and will consider requests for exemption from this policy as a reasonable accommodation where it can do so absent undue hardship, consistent with federal, state, and local law.
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS: VLA offers attractive compensation (salary range of $60-70,000, based on experience) and generous benefits including paid vacation, sick leave, health, dental and vision insurance, long-term disability, unlimited monthly metrocards, and ability to participate in 403(b) retirement and flexible spending plans.
CLOSING DATE: Open until filled.
APPLICATION PROCEDURE: All nominations, inquiries, and applications should be sent to Sasha Khalifeh, Office Manager at email@example.com. Please include cover letter and resume. Subject line: Legal Services Coordinator Position
We regret it will not be possible to communicate with candidates except those who most closely match our requirements.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY: VLA is committed to enhancing our diverse workforce and actively encourages applicants from all cultures, races, educational backgrounds, socio-economic classes, sexual orientations, age, gender, gender identity and physical abilities to apply. We do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, familial status, marital status, caregiver status, or any other category protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. We take pride in our pluralistic community and continue to seek excellence through diversity and inclusion. EO/AA Employer.
Sign up to receive news & events from VLANY!