Your ideas and life’s work have formed a legacy that should not be left to chance. A thoughtfully planned estate can help ensure that your artistic work and other property will be preserved in the manner you intend and reduce complications for your intended beneficiaries. This program will cover the fundamentals of estate planning as well as special considerations that are unique to the artistic community.
In this webinar, you will learn:
- Everything you need to know about advanced directives: health care proxies, powers of attorney, living wills, including a discussion of digital assets.
- Why every artist should have an estate plan. We’ll review the advantages of a Last Will and Testament, Revocable Trust and other Will substitutes, including joint tenancy and beneficiary designations.
- Executors, Trustees and Guardians. Understanding these roles is crucial to selecting the right person for each task.
- How to create a comprehensive inventory of your artistic property (and why this is so important!) What is a “qualified appraisal”?
- Gifting, is it better to gift your assets away during life or at death? We’ll review pledge agreements, gifting to museums and tax efficient planning.