- Opportunities to volunteer for in-house consultations with artists (for attorneys with more than three years of experience, or in conjunction with a more senior attorney)
- Discounted VLA Educational and CLE programs
- Invitations to opening and cocktail receptions for select art events
- Member discount for tickets to VLA’s summer benefit
- Access to career counseling services
- Opportunities to be a speaker for in-person classes in your area of expertise
Young Associate Members (YAM)
- VLA’s membership category exclusively for young lawyers and professionals generally in their 1st – 4th years of practice enjoy all the benefits of individual members, as well as a discounted membership fee and a discounted rate for career counseling services.
Personal Career Counseling
- A private one-hour session in which we will review your resume as well as discuss your career goals and broader interests. During the session, we will also talk about an overall strategy for achieving your goals and identify specific steps you can take toward pursuing a legal career in art, entertainment, and intellectual property.
Legal Professional fee (one-year membership):
$150 – Young Associate Membership Level (1-4 years experience)
$200 – Legal Professional Membership Level 1 (5 to 7 years experience)
$250 – Legal Professional Membership Level 2 (8+ or more years experience)
Career Counseling Session fee:
$150 – YAM Members
$200 – Attorneys, VLA-members
$250 – Attorneys, non-members
Sign up to receive news & events from VLANY!